Position Number: WIN003
The Computer Technician will carry out all the crucial role that will provide the key resource for the operation, maintenance, configuration management; with accurate and timely reports on the status of ALL ICT Infrastructure at University of the South Pacific, Alafua Campus.
The duties will include but not limited to: the resolution of Level 2 faults/outages ICT services and work both in isolation-or in conjunction with other IT Services staff and/or external contractors to resolve these in a timely and proficient manner; provide training support for all ICT services available to users at the campus through User Guide Documentation, User Training Workshops and ad hoc Awareness Presentations; and ability to operate, manage and develop the total portfolio of ICT infrastructure equipment and services to the level of performance commensurate with USP Alafua Teaching & Learning Plans.
The Person we Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Bachelor Degree in Computing/Information Systems/Engineering with subsequent relevant work experience;
- Experience with ICT technologies/equipment including VSAT technology, Electrical Power Systems, IP Networking-Router/Switches and Cabling, Audio-Visual Conferencing Systems; MS/Linus Server Systems for User Domain Management as well as PC & Laptops with standard OS and Application software particularly Internet and Web-based Applications;
- Excellent knowledge and experience with standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office suite applications;
- Very good communication skills (both oral and written);
- Self-motivated, team player, Honest and change oriented;
- Able to work (occasionally after hours) in a multi-cultural environment;
- Able to travel to other USP Regional Campuses as and when required;
- Ability to work under pressure; and
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently, using own initiatives.
Preferences will be given to applicants with:
- Any relevant technical certification on relevant ICT VSAT networking, systems, PC, OS or application technologies will be an added advantage.
Enquiries and further information: Alfram Nukuro: email - email@example.com
The position is available for a term of three (3) years
- $38,168.83 - $44,408.58 per annum
The closing date for applications is: 11 June 2023
How to Apply
Click the Apply button to apply for this position online.
The advertisement criteria is available on our University website (www.usp.ac.fj) under Employment Opportunities.
Please include the following documents in your application: Academic Credentials/Transcripts, Cover letter clearly addressing key Selection Criteria and Resume with names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Referees will only be contacted if you are selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
USP is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. USP encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
You must include in your resume the names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Referees will only be contacted if you are selected.
I declare that the information and details furnished in this application form are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief, and I have not willfully suppressed any material fact.
I hereby declare that the information given above is true to the best of my knowledge, information and belief.